Tuesday, November 29, 2005

First Love

First Love

I'm not too sure
If I remember this one correctly,
But I was on a family tour
And I saw this one cool tree.
Winding branches and crooked roots
Crispy leaves and rotten fruits,
Perfect for kids like me
To tumble and rumble till I scrape my knee.

Apparently
The playground wasn't only for me
Bunch of kids biting and fighting already
Around the tree
They greeted me with so much joy
It didn't matter
That I couldn't speak in their tongue
We all gathered around
For great afternoon fun.

Well...
As it is true with any good story
There was this beautiful girl.
Yeah, yeah
Typical tale.
I know.
But it doesn't matter
She was my first love!

What's a boy to do,
If he wants to win the heart of his love?
Hang upside down on the tree
And say "I love you" from above!
Branch by branch
Carefully I climbed the tree
I stretched my arm out
And held on tight on one of the stronger ones.

Then the unthinkable predictable happened

The stronger one wasn't strong enough
And crashing down I became the dumbest one
The beautiful one laughed out loud
As well as biting ones and fighting ones
Then the time struck five-o-one
And everyone had to leave for their parents.
Except for me, the "brave" one.

Now that I'm twenty four
You'd think I'll be more mature.
But as they say
History repeats itself.
Maybe I'll tell that story some other time.
For now,
I hope you enjoyed my first love.

- Timothy Kim

(I dont think this is a true story.. --;; )

No comments: