Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The day that I almost crossed the Golden River

How far could it be?
That was the initial thought.
I mean, I’m in the navy
Besides, there are girls to impress.

Sunny August afternoon
Crisp blue current
Pretty college girls
What can possible go wrong?

Death was never in my mind
While I was floating away
Only thing that worried me was
How stupid I look to those sugar pies.

When big grey hard rock hit me
I felt even dumber
I could already hear the laughter
Oh, death be upon me!

Grabbing on to the rock
I waited.
For what?
I don’t know.
To be rescued.
Maybe.
But probably was waiting for the time to come back.

Now on the shore
I was shivering.
Cold?
Probably the embarrassment
Oh well,
At least I got a story to tell now
To my future children, that is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.